Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Day 3 - riding and Scranton Wilkes-Barre RailRiders

So sorry for the delay in these posts! The final days of my trip were busy, and then I returned to the daily grind.

Anyway, catching up...

Central Pennsylvania is fascinating - farmland, mountains, valleys, forests,... the topography is always changing, and always just a little bit different. My third day felt like it had more climbing than any of the other days on the trip.


I passed a turnoff for one of the many Penn State campuses - since I work at the main campus, I had to take a picture!


The final game of my 4-games-in-3-days stretch was a home game for the Scranton Wikes-Barre RailRiders, AAA Affiliate of the New York Yankees (Evil Empire). A good friend from college met me for the game, and even gave me a four-wheeled lift to the game from our hotel. Immediately we faced the challenge of traveling by car rather than bike - a traffic jam on the way into the ballpark!


We had a great time, and the home team won on a last-second diving catch. This was the largest ballpark, and I didn't get any on-field interviews, free beers, or news reporter interviews, nevertheless it was a great way to end the trip.


We even enjoyed some fireworks to finish.






No comments:

Post a Comment