Thursday, July 30, 2015

Day 2 - Williamsport CrossCutters Game

After two games on day 1, it was a bit of a relief to only have one game on the schedule for today.  A friend in Williamsport was hosting me an also providing tickets through a connection with the team. 

I arrived early because the CrossCutters had reached out to me via Twitter to find out if I was interested in an on-field interview. 


Um, on-field?? Absolutely! The Cutters play in Historic Bowman Field, the second oldest park in Minor League Baseball. The players actually walk through the concourse to get to their old-school dugouts, which was where I was supposed to meet Gabe from the CrossCutters game day team. 


He is an incredible PA voice, and handles most of the on-field pagentry that goes on at a Minor League game. Our pre-game interview was a lot of fun hanging out in the sunshine on the field. To thank me for my time (I should be thanking the CrossCutters!!) they gave me $10 in CrossCutter dollars to spend at the concessions. 


I was then asked by John, a local reporter from WOL News if I'd give another interview about my ride. It was so great to be appreciated for this little journey. 


The park is small enough that you feel somehow connected to the players and the game in a deeper way. It was fun to compare and contrast this with the two newer parks I visited yesterday. 


The Cutters lost to the visiting Lowell Spinners by a score of 5-3, bringing my trip record to 1-2 for the home teams. 

Tomorrow I ride 85 miles to Scranton to take in my forth and final game of the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment