Friday, June 19, 2009

Day Five - game review


The fifth and final game was in Rancho Cucamonga at the Epicenter (maybe the best name for a ballpark on this trip). Home to the RC Quakes, it is the centerpiece of the city's athletic complex.


Tonight the Quakes were taking on the Lake Elsinore Storm. Oddly enough, these five games only featured one team from the Northern Division - that being the game on Wednesday which featured the Bakersfield Blaze.


While this stadium wasn't my favorite of the trip, it did offer up a few really cool features including the party patio areas down at the end of each foul line.


My wonderful and supportive wife Meredith met me at the game which was a welcome change. We had a fun time catching up on the details of our weeks apart. She also provided me with a ride home meaning that I didn't have to get back on my bike tonight. I get to let my body rest in my own bed!

The home team pulled out the victory which means that in the five games we attended the home team won three and lost two.

Tonight's game took 3 hours and 44 minutes. It was the latest game on the schedule, starting at 7:30. They also had fireworks planned for after the game. Needless to say I was getting pretty tired near the end and we ducked out after the 7th inning. I'm not one to leave a ballgame before it is over - we waited through the rain in Adelanto - but my body is beat.

What a fantastic week.

I'll be posting more review of the trip over the next few days. Thank you to everyone who made this journey possible and those who followed along on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment