Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day Two Recap (so far)


Today we had sunshine and blue skies. We followed our directions and didn't have any issues with added mileage, however we did realize that using Google Map's walking directions occasionally takes you on some pretty bad roads. Good to keep in mind for any future bicycle touring.

Sadly we arrived at our lunch destination - Emma Jean's Holland Burger Cafe - a little after it had closed for the day. So sad.


Some of you may have been wondering about my ride - the above picture is my lovely Salsa Casseroll all decked out to tour.



We found a buffet and got our money's worth, and we now have some down time before we head out to tonight's game. Tim is leaving after tonight's game, and Andrew is joining in on the fun.

Miles so far today - 62
Trip total - 162

3 comments:

  1. benz, was that emma jean's place on the drivers, dine ins and drives show? it looks familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bottom photo is incredible! What a great idea for a trip. I've been to a few Quakes games, although it's been awhile. I really enjoy the minor league games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great eye sis! That is the reason we wanted to visit - I had see a clip online from the Triple D show.

    Keith, we're really enjoying the journey so far. It has convinced me that I need to get to more minor league games!

    ReplyDelete