Thursday, June 18, 2009

Day Four - Ballgame Review


Tonight's game at Arrowhead Credit Union Park (I still can't believe that's what it is called), was a good one. The hometown Inland Empire 66ers took on the High Desert Mavericks and ended up with a 7-4 victory.


The park has an extremely similar layout and design to Lancaster aside from the color scheme. I wonder which one came first.


One thing I haven't touched on yet is the team mascots. All four thus far have had very active mascots - a feature that is certainly appealing to the kids who attend these games. These guys spend a good portion of the game dancing around and trying to get the crowd volume higher. The 66er's mascot is named Bernie... again, I'm not sure why.


This was the second time we had seen the Mavs on this trip, and at our last game we met the team broadcaster who was kind enough to hook us up with some tickets to tonight's game and an invitation to the broadcast booth to see what it was like up there.


Great to meet you Alex, and thanks once again for making our trip that much more fun!

Another great night. Andrew's wife Becca joined us for tonight's game, and Andrew headed home with her after, so I'm on my own for the ride portion of tomorrow. My wife Meredith will meet me for the fifth and final game.

No comments:

Post a Comment