Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Day 1 - Altoona Curve Game

Day one started with a 42 mile ride from State College to Altoona to take in a game at PNG Field, home of the AA Altoona Curve. 

WTAJ Reporter Ashley Doerzbacher had heard about my trip on Twitter and wanted to do a story about my journey. She met me on my way in to town and did a bit of filming for a segment about my minor league bike trip. 


You can check out the full story and video interview by visiting this website!

Altoona's stadium has a unique feature - a rollercoaster in right field!


It was Splash Day at the park, so between innings the upper deck was drenched with a fire hose. There was also a play area for kids to get drenched.


It was a fantastic start to the day. Altoona won 1-0 against the Richmond Flying Squirrels, and the game took less than 2 hours from start to finish, giving me plenty of time to get on my bike and ride back to State College!


It was a great start to my first day of the trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment