Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Day 1 - State College

I wasn't sure if the high heat and humidity was going to allow me to make it to two games in one day, separated by more than 40 miles. Fortunately my ride from Altoona to State College was pretty smooth and I even had time to go home, eat some dinner, and take a shower. I made it to Medlar Field just in time to hear the national anthem and see the first pitch!



The Spikes had also been following my journey on Twitter and tracked me down to give me a celebratory free beer from local brewer, Robin Hood Brewing Company!


It was a pretty bad game for the hometown Spikes - not even the hotdog toss could liven the crowd up while the Spikes pulled together just a few hits and got shut out 3-0 by the visiting Vermont Lake Monsters.


3-0 final as the Vermonters shake hands.


Ready for tomorrow and another big day of bikes and baseball!


No comments:

Post a Comment